Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hurt back

April 29
Hurt back
Thats right. I hurt my back yesterday afternoon. Ugh.

I was feeling good so decided to ride Alleyway. She was doing so well and so focused for me! Specially as it was feeding time and all the other ponies were getting fed and eating while she was working. After walking and trotting her though the barrel pattern several times I decided to slow lope her through the pattern. First time through we did okay, but could have done a lot better. Second time. She was doing perfect! Was picking up the correct leads, nice sized pockets, and was rating in the correct places. Then on the back side of the 2nd barrel I popped up out of the saddle and when I came back down into the saddle it jammed my back. It hurt. I had to then pull up Alley and get off of her. Had to have my Mom un-saddle her, turn her out, and give her dinner. Alleyway was confused as to why we didn't finish the pattern but didn't care much as she much prefers eating over working, ROFL.

Normally that wouldn't cause an injury. But my bones are weak from my medicines, mainly Prednisone, and my muscles are weak and out of shape as well. Guess I'll add this to my list of things to discuss with the doctor this Friday.

I still have yet to get my clinic schedule in the mail. So emailed Jackie, the transplant assistant, asking for the time I need to have blood drawn, xray, PFT, and what time to see the doctor. Hopefully will hear something from her soon. If not I'll have to give her a ring.

No comments: