Monday, August 18, 2008

Forgot to add this

Little update~ The Critical Care Solutions main office in Houston just called. They just got the orders faxed to them from my transplant coordinator. Ramona, my nurse will be coming Monday to draw blood from my port. Ramona is my home health nurse, she is a RN. So I won't have to worry about getting blood drawn. I just have to get the x-ray and PFT scheduled. I was just told by nurse in my local doctor's office, that I don't have to schedule the xray, I can just show up any time that the radiology outpatient department is open and give them the orders then. I have to have the PFT scheduled in advance though.

And I forgot to tell you about this.

Last Thursday, Mr. Curley McCarey passed away. I found out when I got home from transplant clinic. He was 92yo and a great horseman, he gave me lots of good pointers and advice! I used to ride my horses down to his house and he and his wife, Mrs. Shirley, let me use their arena to practice and exercise in. His funeral was Sunday, 2pm, at Claybar in Orange. My parents went, I didn't go as I was having nausea and dry heaves yesterday.

After everything was over yesterday. Dad went back to Pat and Debbie McCarey's house (they live next door to Mr. and Mrs. McCarey). Mr. Curley is Pat's father. And Debbie is my NBHA's disctrict Tx 26 Director. She had some gifts for me that were sent from other of our Tx26 members for Christmas for me. One was a breast collar, with cowhide and crystals and barrel racer conchos, it was purchased at the benefit auction and playday they held for me and the lady that ended up getting in the auction gave it to me. Another member handmade a sign, like a welcome sign but it says "Alleyway" on it, the name of my paint mare, its made out of wood and paint and is really pretty with the bible verse: Phil 4:13 in the bottom right corner. And Pat and Debbie for Christmas went on a vaccation to Las Vegas to the NFR, they watched a few rounds of the NFR and got me a t-shirt from there that says NFR Thomas & Mack (I named my lungs Thomas & Mack after this NFR arena). Debbie was just now able to get them to me, as they have been dealing with health issues their selves and with Mr. & Mrs. McCarey, and then I had my own health issues going on.

My digatal camera is on its last legs, it doesn't work more than half the time I use it. So not sure if I will get pictures, but I'm going to try to and will post them. I will be getting a new digatal camera from my parents for either my b-day or Christmas this year, thats what my Dad told me.

No comments: